Re: FatELF patches...

From: Rayson Ho
Date: Fri Oct 30 2009 - 01:42:47 EST

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Ryan C. Gordon <icculus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What's the best way to get this moving towards the mainline? It's not
> clear to me who the binfmt_elf maintainer would be. Is this something that
> should go to Andrew Morton for the -mm tree?

Can we first find out whether it is safe from a legal point of view??
After the SCO v. IBM lawsuit, we should be way more careful.

Like it or not, Apple invented universal binaries in 1993, and so far
we are not able to find any prior arts... If we integrate something
that infringes Apple's patent, then Apple can ban all the Linux
distributions and devices from shipping.

Rayson