Help working with a pseudo-progress-based scheduler

From: Lucas Prado Melo
Date: Fri Oct 30 2009 - 10:04:02 EST

Hello, I would like to create a pseudo-progress-based scheduler based
on the priority-based scheduler of the kernel.
I created some fields on task_struct and I've adapted the function
effective_prio() to change the priority based on a modifier.

I need to update the priority modifier every 'n' ticks, how do I do
some action every 'n' ticks?

Also, I need to create a syscall that would take an user-space address
and a pid of the task to change the priority of the task with the
given pid based on the progress data available on the user-space
address.
How do I get the task_struct through the task's pid?

Thanks in advance.