Re: Please consider reverting7d930bc33653d5592dc386a76a38f39c2e962344

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 10:27:51 EST

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> and can we please stop jumping the gun here and going past the subsystem
> maintainers. I think this happens a little bit too much lately.

NO!

Quite frankly, I'm very unhappy indeed with the maintainers when it comes
to this bug:

- it was introduced after -rc5

- it's been bisected by multiple people

- I've seen one of the encounters with a person who bisected it, and the
author of the buggy commit just wanted "more information" after having
been told that small commit causes lockups.

In other words - the LAST thing we should do is to pat the subsystem
maintainers on the back and say "good job".

The fact is, when somebody reports a major bug that is fixed by a revert,
then I shoudl probably revert _more_ eagerly rather than less!

And subsystem maintainers should jump on it, not wait several days.

Linus