Re: [RFC] new -stable tag variant, Git workflow question

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 12:54:45 EST

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Can you give me the commit id in your tree so I can run a few tests?
>
> Let me re-quote what you quoted above:

Let me re-quote James:

"Can you give me the commit id in your tree so I can run a few tests?"

He wanted the tree. So that he can run tests on his machinery. His
machinery that does _not_ take some emailed commit description, but works
on git trees.

So Ingo, if you want to be snarky about quoting people, at least be snarky
with a reason.

Linus