Re: Mount -o sync regression in 2.6.31

From: Frans Pop
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 16:34:30 EST

Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> I tried the obvious bisection, but git bisect seems to wonder off into
> the weeds now. There is no reason that bisecting between v2.6.30 and
> v2.6.31-rc1 should go off into v2.6.30-rc2

AFAIK that can happen if some branch was merged after 2.6.30 that happened
to be based on a commit from v2.6.30-rc2. Did you check in what branch you
were when that happened?

If you look at 'gitk v2.6.30..v2.6.31-rc1' and scroll to the bottom, you
will see quite a few merges of branches that were based on commits from
(early) v2.6.30-rcX releases.

Cheers.
FJP