Getting data from other process when running in kernel thread

From: Resul Cetin
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 16:58:56 EST

Hi,
I have following problem when running in a kernel thread. I know the pid of a
program which started some data processing. After I finished with it, it
should send the data to the user process and/or getting new data from it. This
means that I must use copy_from_user/copy_to_user, but with specifying the
pid/task.

Is that somehow possible? I think most of the things are done in workqueues
and so I don't really know in which context I am.

Best regards,
Resul Cetin