[RFC] x86: cleanup of NX enabling

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Fri Nov 13 2009 - 18:29:38 EST

Hello all,

Posting this patch series for review; I intend to commit it to
tip:x86/mm unless someone objects over the next few days.

This came about based on Kees' original patch to give better dmesg
information about the status of NX availability.

Jeremy: I'm not 100% this is safe for Xen, as Xen takes its own path
for initialization, so if you could take a quick look, it would be
most appreciated.

arch/x86/include/asm/proto.h | 3 +-
arch/x86/kernel/acpi/sleep.c | 9 ++----
arch/x86/kernel/cpu/common.c | 2 +-
arch/x86/kernel/head_32.S | 18 +++++++----
arch/x86/kernel/machine_kexec_32.c | 6 +--
arch/x86/kernel/setup.c | 17 ++++------
arch/x86/mm/init.c | 4 --
arch/x86/mm/pageattr.c | 6 ++++
arch/x86/xen/enlighten.c | 4 +--