Re: net-next-2.6 compilation errors: missing wireless/i82593.h

From: David Miller
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 06:44:24 EST

From: William Allen Simpson <william.allen.simpson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:34:15 -0500

> For the past 9-10 days, net-next-2.6 has failed to compile. In
> addition to the errors and warnings already reported here last week,

Those seemed to be for Android drivers and such, so I hope you
reported those failures to the driver maintainers as well as
linux-kernel.

For the time being could you just disable those drivers in your
build just to get work done or do you absolutely need them?

> since Nov 12th there has been another missing file. I kept hoping
> it was temporary, but no joy.
>
> /home/administer/net-next-2.6/drivers/net/znet.c:107:29: error:
> wireless/i82593.h: No such file or directory

That header file got moved out to drivers/staging along with the
wavelan driver.

The header file should instead be moved to, perhaps, include/linux
while there are still other users of it.

That's incredibly clumsy what drivers/net/znet.c is doing.

John please fix this up, thanks!