Re: [Bug #14267] Disassociating atheros wlan

From: Kristoffer Ericson
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 14:16:26 EST

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:04:23 -0800
"Justin P. Mattock" <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:07:09 -0800

> >> o.k. so it is something that is enough to
> >> cause an inconvenience.
> >>

> > Especially if you are using your computer as a router to other computers
> > and they start screaming every time internet goes down. :(
> >

> ah. yeah I'm not doing that over here
> just simply connecting to a router and streaming music.
> my guess is you can try the commits that I found
> but then again might not get you in the right
> direction i.g. during the bisect I was watching the
> "retry" in dmesg with ath* as soon as I saw that it was git bisect bad
> (seems like a new mechanism) as soon as I didn't see
> that the commit was good.
>
> In your case you might be seeing something different(not sure though)
> because of having the computer as a router etc..

I think its related since ath was rock solid until 2.6.31. I can go 24/7 without
ever getting disconnected from wifihub with 2.6.30. If we both are experiencing
issues post 2.6.30 atleast it should be related to same bunch of patches.
Will see if I can use gfs computer for a couple of hours tommorow
since I need to feed it with traffic. Will start with your commits, will notice
if those turn out same for me.

--
Kristoffer Ericson <kristoffer.ericson@xxxxxxxxx>