Re: MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(isapnp, ...) does nothing

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Mon Nov 23 2009 - 16:51:49 EST

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 07:10:22 pm Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:59:53 +1030, Rusty Russell wrote:
> > Two things are required:
> > 1) Modify file2alias to add aliases for isapnp. This is pretty easy.
> > 2) Expose the isapnp devices in sysfs where udev will match them up
> > (/sys/bus/isa/devices/<dev>/modalias I guess?)
>
> There is non-pnp ISA bus, so I'm afraid "isa" may conflict.
> I suppose "isapnp" would be a safer choice.

Without pnp, I don't think you can enumerate the ISA bus. Hence I chose
"isa:" in the hope that udev would "just work" if isapnp created the
modalias under /sys/bus/isa...

But Kay says there's a pnp bus (who knew?). I don't know what he means
by unfixable aliases tho, since it's all in the kernel source so we can
change it at any time?

Thanks,
Rusty.