Re: PATCH: fix multiple eMagic 6|2m regressions introduced in 2.6.27

From: Monty Montgomery
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 04:00:03 EST

I should mention that when I first started strated working on this
problem tonight, I saw Clemens Ladisch's patch from a few days ago.
His reported bug and patch is identical to my 'bug 1' and the first
change in my patch. Unfortunately, this fix only prevented the oops,
it was not enough to make the eMagic actually function. The other two
bugfixes were absolutely necessary as well.

I included the fix in my patch as well as I was uncertain if it had
yet been applied to the kernel tree, and it is important not to miss
it.

Monty