Re: Vortex86SX: only works with irqpoll

From: Otavio Salvador
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 06:29:33 EST

Hello Robert,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Robert Hancock <hancockrwd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looking at the BIOS manual on their web site:
>
> ftp://download@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/vortex86sx/Vortex86SX_BIOS_Manual.pdf
>
> you can try toggling a few of the options: Try switching OnBoard IDE Operate
> Mode between Legacy Mode and Native Mode. If the kernel and the actual
> device disagree here, that could cause IRQ delivery problems. You can also
> try playing with the "Plug & Play OS" setting.

The machine with me has no "OnBoard IDE Operate Mode" option. "Plug &
Play OS" has been tried with "Yes" and "No".

If the kernel and the actual device disagree, could it also "break"
the ethernet adaptor? This also doesn't work.

--
Otavio Salvador O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.ossystems.com.br