Re: [RFC,PATCH 14/14] utrace core

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 15:32:35 EST

Oleg Nesterov <oleg@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> From: Roland McGrath <roland@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> This adds the utrace facility, a new modular interface in the kernel
> for implementing user thread tracing and debugging. This fits on top
> of the tracehook_* layer, so the new code is well-isolated.

Could we just drop the tracehook layer if this finally merged
and call the low level functions directly?

It might have been reasonably early on when it was still out of tree,
but longer term when it's integrated having strange opaque hooks
like that just makes the coder harder to read and maintain.

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.