kobjects: mark cleaned up kobjects as unitialized

From: eran liberty
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 04:28:26 EST

Hi Greg & Balaji,

After diving into the LDKM and failed to spot the point where you
actually un-initialize the 'state_initialized' of a kobject... and
since I have statically allocated object which trip over this very
same trap...

Google-ing for others who fell into this trap, I found your thread/patch at:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/3/8/155
and
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0902.0/01969.html

I noticed this patch did not make it into the mainline.

Is this patch still valid?
Is there some other, better way to do it by the book?

Right now I by-pass the problem by memset-ing the whole object after I
release it... but I feel this is a bit brutal.

-- Liberty