Re: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernelIR system?

From: Maxim Levitsky
Date: Sat Nov 28 2009 - 10:36:16 EST

On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 16:25 +0100, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> >> And that's good. Especially for a popular and simple protocol such as
> >> RC5.
> >> Actually, it's not about adding the decoder. It's about fixing it.
> >> I can fix it.
> >
> > This is nonsense.
>
> You forgot to say why do you think so.

Because frankly, I am sick of this discussion.
Generic decoder that lirc has is actually much better and more tolerant
that protocol specific decoders that you propose,

You claim you 'fix' the decoder, right?
But what about all these lirc userspace drivers?
How they are supposed to use that 'fixed' decoder.