Re: acerhdf: stilll fighting between kernel and BIOS?

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 01:43:42 EST

Adrian von Bidder kirjoitti:
On Monday 23 November 2009 10.58:54 Pekka Enberg wrote:
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Adrian von Bidder

<avbidder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Heyho!

On Sunday 22 November 2009 22.27:50 Peter Feuerer wrote:
issues with AOA 150 netbooks should be solved with current 2.6.32-git
tree. You can also try to use latest acerhdf of http://piie.net
Seems to work fine. That was the fix I thought was already included in
2.6.31.
Is that commit ded0cdfc6a7673916b0878c32fa8ba566b4f8cdb ("acerhdf: fix
fan control for AOA150 model")? Should it go to -stable?

Sorry for not answering sooner.

I don't really have time to recompile / test more at this time; in any case, I think it's just a minor annoyance and not what I'd feed into a "fixes only" tree. (I'm not involved in kernel development in any way, but I thought that the stable tree should be quite limited in what goes in?)

Your call. The rules of stable are pretty simple: (1) the patch needs to fix a _real_ problem and (2) it needs to be rather small. AFAICT, both apply here.

Pekka