Re: [RFC v2] Another approach to IR

From: Jon Smirl
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 14:27:43 EST

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Due to the lack of an API for it, each driver has their own way to handle the
> protocols, but basically, on almost all drivers, even supporting different protocols,
> the driver limits the usage of just the protocol provided by the shipped remote.
>
> To solve this, we really need to extend evdev API to do 3 things: enumberate the
> supported protocols, get the current protocol(s), and select the protocol(s) that
> will be used by a newer table.

evdev capabilities bits can support enumerating the supported
protocols. I'm not sure if you can write those bits back into evdev to
turn a feature off/on. If not its something that could be added to
evdev.

I agree that there is no consistency in the existing driver implementations.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx