Re: 2.6.31.6, unresponsiveness and something with nfs

From: Jesper Krogh
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 16:19:57 EST

> I have a system running 2.6.31.6 that when running a particular process
> become "unresponsive". I cannot really tell what it is but the effect is
> that logins as ordinary users hangs, when that user has its home on a
> remote NFS-server.
>
> so from root "su - localuser" works excellent. But su - user-with-home
> on-nfs doesnt.

Ok, the situation is more advanced than just that. I now have the
"sorting" process running while there is high cpu-only load and that
doesn't trigger the problem, so it seems to be that I have to have
"large merging, high cpu-load and lots of networktraffic on the NIC
(10GbitE)" before I encounter the prooblem.

Is there anything I can do to get a trace or other information about
what's holding the "login" process back the next time I get into this
situation?

Thanks
--
Jesper