Re: root hub lost power or was reset

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 18:37:35 EST

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Oliver Neukum <oliver@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009 23:34:30 schrieb Justin Mattock:
>
>> for a bit I thought that this was also the cause of the delay
>> but the system wakes up as it should even with this happening to
>> usb.
>
> Perhaps something does an operation that needs to time out.
> Which drivers have you loaded when it works and when it doesn't work?

right now, the only module I removed(which was causing my s2ram pause)
is isight_firmware.ko.(need to look into why this is)
after that s2ram works good.

Now the usb issue, seems I see this every time I s2ram.
there is an external usb mouse, but makes no difference if it's connected,
or disconnected..still see the root hub lost power.
(maybe the machine is getting old: macbook pro 2yrs old)

heres lsmod:

Module Size Used by
radeon 507706 2
ttm 36164 1 radeon
drm_kms_helper 22484 1 radeon
drm 149553 5 radeon,ttm,drm_kms_helper
i2c_algo_bit 4835 1 radeon
ipt_LOG 5111 1
iptable_nat 4012 0
nf_nat 15811 1 iptable_nat
xt_state 1394 1
nf_conntrack_ftp 6068 0
nf_conntrack_ipv4 11271 4 iptable_nat,nf_nat
nf_conntrack 60809 5
iptable_nat,nf_nat,xt_state,nf_conntrack_ftp,nf_conntrack_ipv4
nf_defrag_ipv4 1329 1 nf_conntrack_ipv4
iptable_filter 1697 1
ip_tables 10159 2 iptable_nat,iptable_filter
x_tables 13623 4 ipt_LOG,iptable_nat,xt_state,ip_tables
snd_hda_codec_idt 52390 1
firewire_ohci 20906 0
firewire_core 41362 1 firewire_ohci
snd_hda_intel 20949 1
snd_hda_codec 66439 2 snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_hda_intel
ohci1394 26076 0
snd_hwdep 5088 1 snd_hda_codec
ath9k 289991 0
ieee1394 75265 1 ohci1394
evdev 7969 4
snd_pcm 64635 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
sky2 40051 0
button 5779 0
video 20415 0
thermal 14438 0
i2c_i801 7265 0
joydev 8766 0
ac 3489 0
battery 10367 0
ath 8766 1 ath9k
snd_page_alloc 7125 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
uhci_hcd 18963 0
ehci_hcd 31519 0
coretemp 5006 0
acpi_cpufreq 7024 0
processor 38952 3 acpi_cpufreq
appletouch 8569 0
applesmc 25995 0

>> BTW: Is CONFIG_USB_PERSIST in the kernel anymore
>> with 2.6.32*?(I can't seem to find that option);
>
> It is always used and switched on by default.
>
>        Regards
>                Oliver

o.k. I didn't know it is set to on by default.

--
Justin P. Mattock