Re: [RFC v2] Another approach to IR

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 13:06:14 EST

Jarod Wilson <jarod@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Perhaps we should clarify something here. Are we intending to
> auto-create a new input device for every IR command set we see arrive
> at the IR receiver?

We don't want this, and we aren't really able to do this, because we
never know if two different scan codes are part of the same or different
command set.

Sharing the protocol and e.g. group code doesn't mean it's the same
remote.

Different protocol doesn't mean it's a different remote and what's more
important, doesn't mean the user wants it to be a different logical
remote.
--
Krzysztof Halasa