Re: 2.6.27.40 build error

From: Michael Krufky
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 18:02:35 EST

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Devin Heitmueller
<dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It turns out that the patch below causes a build failure on the
>> 2.6.27.40 kernel.
>>
>> Michael, should I just drop it, or should I take out the line with the
>> "capture_transfer_done" in it, as that member is not in the structure in
>> this kernel version.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> greg k-h
>
> There were several different leaks and crash conditions addressed
> since 2.6.27, and it is entirely possible that just removing the line
> is not the correct course of action.
>
> I would propose just dropping the patch for 2.6.27, as we would have
> to rework it taking into consideration the other fixes which were done
> since then.
>
> Devin
>
> --
> Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
> http://www.kernellabs.com

Greg,

Yes -- please drop it for now. I didn't actually send this for
2.6.27.y anyway -- it must have gotten to you some other way.

Devin, if 2.6.27.y needs this fix, can you please generate the
appropriate backport and test it before we resubmit?

Cheers,

Mike Krufky