Re: [git pull] drm

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 05:28:52 EST

On 12/11/2009 04:18 AM, Alan Cox wrote:
F11 certainly shipped some bits of it for 2D support. I am not sure if
F10 shipped a purely userspace set up. Neither had it enabled as the
default driver - they used "nv" or "vesa" depending upon the card.

F11 uses nouveau here. It is actually a pain to get 'nv' going as an alternate -- bugs have been filed. Makes kernel dev more difficult for me. I was actually told, by Fedora people, that I should be hacking on the Fedora (rpm-based) kernel, rather than a 100% upstream kernel like I have been hacking/booting for the past decade, as a result of this setup (needing nouveau kernel support, thus needing Fedora rather than upstream kernel).

Jeff