Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/5] usb: otg: add notifier support

From: Felipe Balbi
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 06:59:04 EST

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:55:38PM +0100, ext Mark Brown wrote:
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 01:31:22PM +0200, Felipe Balbi wrote:
The notifier will be used to communicate usb events
to other drivers like the charger chip.

This can be used as source of information to kick
usb charger detection as described by the USB
Battery Charging Specification 1.1 and/or to
pass bMaxPower field of selected usb_configuration
to charger chip in order to use that information
as input current on the charging profile
setup.

This one looks reasonable to me, though I've not thought it through
properly yet. Could you please add me to the CC list for future
revisions of this - I've got some charger drivers that could use this?

Sure I'll do it. I want to start the discussion on this, so if you have any comments, please, do comment.

--
balbi