Re: upstream regression: slob hang

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 02:42:55 EST

* Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 20:26 +0200, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> > > Boots fine on my 32-bit x86 laptop.
>
> On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 12:36 -0600, Matt Mackall wrote:
> > Thanks, Pekka. I've been too busy to experiment with this. Ingo,
> > anything interesting about your laptop? How much memory do you have?
>
> Side note: SLOB hasn't really changed for a while so I suspect Ingo is
> hitting some once in a blue moon type of old bug.

That's possible - although as of late i'm generally finding new regressions,
the old once-in-a-blue-moon races i've triggered already. (the roughly half a
million random bootups i've done in the last 2 years in -tip testing went a
long way in rooting them out)

I'll try to figure this one out in a few days hopefully - the laptop is not
available for testing right now for other reasons.

Ingo