Re: radeon 4830 corruption after resume

From: Alex Deucher
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 10:19:57 EST

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Alex Chiang <achiang@xxxxxx> wrote:
> * Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> As Dave asked previously, is this a regression?  I.e., did s/r work at
>> some point in the past and if so when?
>
> I'm not sure, as I just received the machine a few days ago.
>
> I can try some older kernels, but part of my issue is not knowing
> how all the pieces fit together. How can I tell if I'm supposed
> to be bisecting the kernel or X or something else, given my
> symptoms?

First try s/r without X running and see if it works ok. Then try s/r
from a VT other than the one X is on. Finally, try s/r with the DRI
disabled (i.e., Option "DRI" "False" in the device section of your
config). Also for non-kms s/r, you may have to fiddle with vbetool on
resume to post your card. Report back with the results and we can go
from there.

Alex