Re: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?

From: Jon Smirl
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 15:14:13 EST

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>>       (11) if none is against renaming IR as RC, I'll do it on a next patch;
>
> Call it irc -- infrared remote control. Bluetooth remote controls will
> have very different characteristics.

How are they different after the scancode is extracted from the
network packet? The scancode still needs to be passed to the input
system, go through a keymap, and end up on an evdev device.

I would expect the code for extracting the scancode to live in the
networking stack, but after it is recovered the networking code would
use the same API as IR to submit it to input.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx