Re: todays git regression (2.6.32-04008.g3ff6a46): lot of devicemapper warnings

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 17:02:57 EST

On Tue, Dec 15 2009, Christian Kujau wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 at 23:07, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > Does this work?
> >
> [...]
> > +#if 0
> > if (offset &&
> > (offset & (b->discard_granularity - 1)) != b->discard_alignment) {
> > t->discard_misaligned = 1;
> > ret = -1;
> > }
> > +#endif
>
> I can't tell: is this a purely cosmetical change or is it dangerous to run
> my DM devices without that patch? I'm trying to track mainline -git but
> the patch hasn't made into the tree yet, so I always have to manually
> apply the patch - or can I just ignore the warning?

You can ignore it, it wont harm the functionality or data integrity. The
code "failure" will always trigger, since the default settings are 0.
Thus:

(offset & (b->discard_granularity - 1)) != b->discard_alignment

will always be true.

I'll revert the bad commit tomorrow so that -rc1 wont be affected, at
least.

--
Jens Axboe