Re: CONFIG_KPROBES=y build requires gawk

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Wed Dec 16 2009 - 23:09:31 EST

> > Is there any reason not to apply the patch below, to allow more awk
> > implementations to be used? After all, it's not like we're going to put
> > non-ASCII characters into the map file...

> I guess the question is if it will break under any other circumstances,
> but I guess we can find those when we get to them.

I should have mentioned it, but with the current Debian testing version
(mawk 1.3.3-15) and my patch, I get a byte-for-byte identical
inat-tables.c to what I get with the unpatched kernel and gawk
1:3.1.6.dfsg-4.

I'm not sure how likely all this is to change in the future, but it's
hard for me to see a sane reason why eg [:lower:] and a-z would be
different for this use.

- R.