Re: [kernel] Re: Fw: Re: [kernel] Re: kernel/rcutree.h:301: sorry,unimplemented: inlining failed in call to 'rcu_bootup_announce': functionbody not available

From: Mr. James W. Laferriere
Date: Fri Dec 18 2009 - 16:09:38 EST

Hello Greg ,

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:08:39PM -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
Hello, Greg,

Could you please consider the following commit for 2.6.32-stable?
It fixes a build error that some people are seeing.

Thanx, Paul

dbe01350fa8ce0c11948ab7d6be71a4d901be151 rcu: Remove inline from forward-referenced functions

I'm guessing that you don't pay attention to the "now applied to the
staging..." emails that I send out when I apply patches to different
trees. This patch is already queued up for the 2.6.32.2 release which
will happen in a few hours.

{sigh}

greg k-h
Fyi , There is another driver that has this issue as well , fusion/mptsas , has a 'inline' in drivers/message/fusion/mptsas.c at line 105 that causes compile time failure in the same vein .
See email to linux-scsi , Subject: linux-2.6.32.1 drivers/message/fusion/mptsas.c:106: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to 'mptsas_set_rphy': function body not available
I am also having 'ld' time troubles with drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_test.c:45: undefined reference to `__udivdi3' and have sent emails to the appropriate lists & maintainers(I hope) .

Don't know if any of these would/should hold up the push of 32.2 or not .
Hth , JimL