Re: 2.6.32 seemed to have broken nVidia MCP7A sata controller

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sat Dec 19 2009 - 17:55:45 EST

On 12/19/2009 05:37 PM, Mike Cui wrote:
Thanks, changing that one line fixed it. I can try to find an intel
motherboard sometime next week to see if it's the drive or the
controller.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Robert Hancock<hancockrwd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike, can you try and revert that patch, or else just change this line in
drivers/ata/ahci.c:

pi.flags |= ATA_FLAG_NCQ | ATA_FLAG_FPDMA_AA;

pi.flags |= ATA_FLAG_NCQ;

and rebuild and see if it works better?

Thanks for that confirmation. And yeah, it would definitely help if we can narrow that down to either the drive or the controller.

Jeff