Re: Async suspend-resume patch w/ completions (was: Re: Asyncsuspend-resume patch w/ rwsems)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Dec 19 2009 - 18:23:38 EST

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> Well, I guess this is the example of the off-tree dependencies that actually
> matter Linus wanted. :-)

It's also the kind of dependency where I say "if we get into these kinds
of messes, then the whole async crap isn't worth it".

Really. Having to try to match things up with ACPI and PnP is a nightmare.
Especially since I doubt Windows does anything like this, which means that
there's no reason for BIOS vendors to do the tables so that we'd even
know.

Linus