Re: 2.6.33-rc1 Reboot right after bootloader

From: Michael Guntsche
Date: Sat Dec 19 2009 - 18:35:13 EST

Good evening,

I took me some time but I tracked down my reboot problem. The culprit is
commit

4a2ff67c88211026afcbdbc190c13f705dae1b59: kbuild: fix bzImage build for
x86

The system I am compiling the kernel on has dash as its defaults shell.
With the commit applied I get an instant reboot, reverting the patch
makes it work again.
If I switch my default shell to bash it works BOTH times.
I do not know why the shell makes a difference here though.
The version of dash is 0.5.5.1 from debian unstable.

Kind regards,
Michael