Re: via_rhine kernel crashes in 2.6.32

From: Andrey Rahmatullin
Date: Mon Dec 21 2009 - 13:18:50 EST

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 04:03:06AM -0800, Christian Kujau wrote:
> In the .jpgs one can see something along the lines of
> schedule_timeout, napi_disable, rhine_tx_timeout - the only patch I could
> find touching these things [1] altogether is rather old, from 2.6.24. Is
> 2.6.29 working for you?
I've installed 2.6.27, the earliest kernel supported by udev 149. I
started to download two large files to my second machine (maybe 700 or
1000 Kbyte/s combined). Nothing happened. I stopped the downloads and
started deluged. The kernel showed "netdev watchdog timeout", but nothing
else happened. deluged opened something like 100 TCP connections and
started to upload some data at ~20 Kbyte/s. Nothing happened. I resumed
one of downloads, waited for some time, nothing happened. I resumed the
second download, the kernel crashed into an endless stream of backtraces
(did 2.6.27 support pause_on_oops?), containing "whatever from the idle
thread", or smth like that, which was also in other crash logs.

--
WBR, wRAR (ALT Linux Team)