Re: workqueue thing

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 06:02:12 EST

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 08:50 +0900, Tejun Heo wrote:

> > 4) didn't consider the RT needs
>
> Can you be more specific? What RT needs? It's pretty difficult to
> tell when there's no in-kernel user and any shared worker pool would
> have pretty similar properties as cmwq.

http://programming.kicks-ass.net/kernel-patches/rt-workqueue-prio/

Most of that passed over lkml too at various times and in various forms,
not eve sure that that is the last one, but its the one I found first.

Basically it boils down to letting the worklets run at the priority of
the enqueing task and boost current running works with the prio of the
highest pending work, including proper barrier support.