Re: [GIT PULL] AlacrityVM guest drivers for 2.6.33

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 11:21:26 EST

> So far, the only actual technical advantage I've seen is that vbus avoids
> EOI exits.

The technical advantage is that it's significantly faster today.

Maybe your proposed alternative is as fast, or maybe it's not. Who knows?

> We think we understand why vbus does better than the current userspace
> virtio backend. That's why we're building vhost-net. It's not done yet,
> but our expectation is that it will do just as well if not better.

That's the vapourware vs working code disconnect I mentioned. One side has hard
numbers&working code and the other has expectations. I usually find it sad when the
vapourware holds up the working code.

-Andi
--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.