Re: [GIT PULL] AlacrityVM guest drivers for 2.6.33

From: Anthony Liguori
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 11:21:51 EST

On 12/22/2009 10:01 AM, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
new e1000 driver is more superior in architecture and do the required
work to make the new e1000 driver a full replacement for the old one.
Right, like everyone actually does things this way..

I wonder why do we have OSS, old Firewire and IDE stacks still around then?

And it's always a source of pain, isn't it.

I also personally don't see a big problem in having another set of
virtual drivers -- Linux already has plenty (vmware, xen, virtio, power,
s390-vm, ...) and it's not that they would be a particular maintenance
burden impacting the kernel core.
Exactly, I also don't see any problem here, especially since AlacrityVM
drivers have much cleaner design / internal architecture than some of their
competitors..

Care to provide some actual objective argument to why it's better than what we already have?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori