Re: [GIT PULL] AlacrityVM guest drivers for 2.6.33

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 13:55:18 EST

On 12/22/2009 07:36 PM, Gregory Haskins wrote:

Gregory, it would be nice if you worked _much_ harder with the KVM folks
before giving up.
I think the 5+ months that I politely tried to convince the KVM folks
that this was a good idea was pretty generous of my employer. The KVM
maintainers have ultimately made it clear they are not interested in
directly supporting this concept (which is their prerogative), but are
perhaps willing to support the peripheral logic needed to allow it to
easily interface with KVM. I can accept that, and thus AlacrityVM was born.

Review pointed out locking issues with xinterface which I have not seen addressed. I asked why the irqfd/ioeventfd mechanisms are insufficient, and you did not reply.

signature is too narrow to contain.