Re: 2.6.32 regression: unable to handle kernel paging request

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Thu Dec 24 2009 - 07:03:09 EST

Hello,

On 12/21/2009 06:32 PM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>>> it is not too different ... it is based on the .config file of the
>>> ubuntu kernel with a few tweaks ...
>>> one odd thing is, that i once was able to boot 2.6.32-rcX kernels, at
>>> one point, i kept getting these bug messages ... i didn't (knowingly)
>>> change the configuration, though ...
>>
>> Hmmm... weirdly I can't reproduce the problem here with the same
>> config. Can you please attach "readelf -a lp.ko" with and without the
>> module-common.lds struck out?
>
> as i said before, the configuration is not really uncommon ... the
> readelf output is attached.

Hmmm.... I think it's more convoluted than I originally thought. I
was expecting a missing section but in the broken case the linker has
assigned addresses to sections even though it was a relocatable link.
That's just strange.

Can you please post the output of "ld --version"? Also, what distro
are you on?

Thanks.

--
tejun