Re: intel hda regression: 2.6.33-rc{1,2}: hd-audio0 eats 25% CPU (according to top)

From: Sergei Trofimovich
Date: Fri Dec 25 2009 - 11:31:13 EST

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 17:05:16 +0100
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's a bit surprising that this resulted in the high CPU usage
> instead of erroneous behavior. This should be rather a bug of
> codec chip...
>
> Anyway, Segei, which codec is on your machine? Is it Analog Device
> one?
> IIRC, the one's on Maciej and Eric machines are AD codecs.
> If so, we can just revert the changes to patch_analog.c in that
> commit.

How can I check? alsamixer shows
Chip: Analog Devices AD1981
Not sure it's valid though.

It's a HP Compaq 2510p laptop.

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 30c9
(posted whole lspci output slightly earlier if needed)

--

Sergei