Re: [linux-pm] [RFC] Asynchronous suspend/resume - test results

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Sat Dec 26 2009 - 17:07:05 EST

Hi.

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Yes, it did. Please compare these lines:
>
> (from the "sync" dmesg):
> [ 31.640676] PM: freeze of devices complete after 709.277 msecs
> [ 37.087548] PM: restore of devices complete after 4973.508 msecs
>
> (from the "async" dmesg):
> [ 25.600067] PM: freeze of devices complete after 620.429 msecs
> [ 29.195366] PM: restore of devices complete after 3057.982 msecs
>
> So clearly, there's a difference. :-)

Oh okay.

It still feels like a long time. How do I find out which device took the
longest? It looks to me like the patch is only recording when things
start their restore, not when they finish.

> Of course, in terms of total hibernate/restore time this is only a little
> improvement, but if that was suspend to RAM and resume, the reduction of
> the device resume time by almost 2 s would be a big deal.
>
>> I'll see if I can find the time to do the other computers, then.
>
> I'd appreciate that very much.

I'm not sure I'll find the time now - it's Sunday morning here and we
still have packing and so on to do after I take this morning's service.

Sorry!

Regards,

Nigel