Re: reiserfs broken in 2.6.32 was Re: [GIT PULL] reiserfs fixes

From: tytso
Date: Sat Jan 02 2010 - 16:01:22 EST

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 09:11:39PM +0100, Frederic Weisbecker wrote:

> I've never lost any datas since I began this work. And
> I run it every day. If I had experienced lock inversions,
> and sometimes soft lockups, I did not experienced serious
> damages. It's a journalized filesystem that can fixup the things
> pretty well.

Have you tried using the xfsqa regression test suite? Despite the
name, it will work on non-xfs filesystems (although there are some
XFS-specific tests in the test suite.) Both the btrfs and ext4
developers use it to debug their file systems, and it's a good way of
stressing the file system in all sorts of different ways that might
not be seen during normal desktop usage. I suspect it would be a good
way of flushing out potential problems for reiserfs as well.

Regards,

- Ted