Re: Linux* is not supported on the Intel(R) Desktop Board DP55KG -Kernel still hangs upon reboot.

From: Christian Hofstaedtler
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 18:35:22 EST

Arjan,

* Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [100104 00:00]:
> On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 16:40:38 -0500 (EST)
> Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 3 Jan 2010, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > In regard to the DP55KG board having reboot [1] and HPET [2] issues,
> > > have you seen any fixes (from Intel?) for these problems?
> > >
> > > I now own such a board and see the same stuff on a distro-patched
> > > 2.6.31.6.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Christian
> > >
> > > [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/903161/
> > > [2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/913374
> > >

> > Hello Christian,
> >
> > The work around for the reboot [1] issue is append this to your
> > kernel boot options in lilo/grub:
> >
> > reboot=a
>
> btw this can be automated... just needs a DMI quirk.
> someone needs to get dmidecode output and add it to the existing
> table of reboot= quirks...

I guess it'd make more sense to fix it in the boards firmware, /if/ this is
possible. (I'm wondering what other OSes do in this regard.)

Here is the DMI data, anyway:

$ pwd
/sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id
$ cat board_name
DP55KG
$ cat board_vendor
Intel Corporation
$ cat board_version
AAE47218-403
$ cat product_name

$ cat sys_vendor

$ cat bios_date
10/28/2009
$ cat bios_vendor
Intel Corp.
$ cat bios_version
KGIBX10J.86A.3878.2009.1028.1049

I think I saw a patch for this floating around, but I'm not sure if this made
it into some branch.

Christian

--
christian hofstaedtler