Re: [lm-sensors] Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for temp/voltage monitoring)

From: Gabriel C
Date: Mon Jan 04 2010 - 08:51:17 EST

2009/2/12 Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Gabriel C wrote:
>
>> Maxim Levitsky wrote:

>>> Nope, the heci is just a controller, but we need a way to tell that
>>> controller to show us the temperature data.
>>> But intel hasn't released the QST sdk, and probably never will.
>>>
>>> Sad,
>>

>> Well I found this interesting thread about :
>>

>> http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/
>>
>> It looks like the QST SDK already exists and is planned to be released..
>> (
>>  http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/reply/74068/
>> )
> I volunteer to test any patches if/when they are created after the SDK is
> released.

Again me .. Well the SDK is *still* not released ..  The Intel folks
said back in August :

"The latest word is that the SDK is being prepared for approval but it
is contingent upon an upcoming platform release."

( whatever that means )

Anyway Andriy Gapon has posted on lm-sensors some nice tool to read
the sensors output ( thx :) )
(http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2009-October/026830.html)

Today I'm out from hospital so I've decided to quick hack this tool
and make it work on Linux.

Here the output from my DQ45CB mobo:

crazy@thor:~/INTEL/QST/Li$ sudo ./heci-qst
CPU  Temp:      56.00   °C
MB   Temp:      31.14   °C
ICH  Temp:      67.37   °C
MCH  Temp:      66.00   °C
CPU  Fan:       1080    RPM
INL  Fan:       1202    RPM
OUTL Fan:       288     RPM
+12  Volts:     11.965  V
+5   Volts:     5.021   V
+3.3 Volts:     3.316   V
MCH  Vccp:      1.122   V
CPU1 Vccp:      1.125   V

Justin I know is not based on released SDK of Intel but maybe you
still want to do some tests ?:)

( of course you need the heci kernel modules first )

@Andriy there is a smallish bug in your original code .. you should
use ..... , abs(value) ...., abs(value) ...);
that will solve the negative CPU TEMP values you get with your version.

Best Regards,

Gabriel C