Re: 2.6.33-rc2: Xen/Guest switching to user mode with no user pagetables

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Thu Jan 07 2010 - 14:32:15 EST

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 at 11:19, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> The big difference between the code before and after this commit is that
> before, kernel_thread() would initialize the pt_regs structure with
> whatever state happened to be passed into it by the caller, whereas
> afterwards it is initialized to zero.

To be honest, bisection was kinda hazy in the last step (see my previous
mails), but from looking at the bisection log, it's definitely one of
your/Brians commit (sorry!), so it may be 3bd95dfb in combination with the
other 4 changes. However, only with 3bd95dfb applied, the DomU wouldn't
start at all. With the only other patches applied, the DomU would start,
and then die with a GPF.

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #191: