Re: init_task belongs to "process 0" or "process 1"?

From: Leonidas .
Date: Sun Jan 10 2010 - 15:58:21 EST

> init_task is the head of doubly linked list which holds all
> task_structs in the system. init_task is again the task_struct for
> process 0/swapper/idle task. This process is created manually (I meant
> to say not by copy_process() calls). Manually means they are static
> structures defined in the code (see INIT_TASK, init_mm, init_fs etc).
> There will be multiple idle task if there is more than 1 cpu core.
> Idle task is the one which is scheduled if there is no other task
> ready for scheduling.

An idle task per core? So these tasks must be having different pids
right? As per my understanding there is only 1 idle task, in that case
on multiple cores when there is no activties on more than one cores,
how things would work? Same task cant be stored on different cores at
the same time right?

How is this handled?

-Leo.