Re: linux-next: origin tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Mon Jan 11 2010 - 21:33:11 EST

Hi Linus,

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:26:33 -0800 (PST) Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm. I think the real problem is that it allowed LZO to be enabled at all,
> despite HAVE_KERNEL_LZO not being enabled.
>
> In other words, I think the config dependencies for RD_LZO are just
> totally broken.

That may be true, however ...

OK, I grabbed your tree, reverted commit
ac4c2a3bbe5db5fc570b1d0ee1e474db7cb22585 ("zlib: optimize inffast when
copying direct from output") (see my other build error email) and then
the tree built. :-( I guess there is something else in the partially
created linux-next today that has triggered this build failure. I will
investigate further.

Sorry about that.
--
Cheers,