[RFC] Yet another dt3155 driver for drivers/staging

From: Marin Mitov
Date: Tue Jan 12 2010 - 15:43:18 EST

Hi all,

I would like to propose to your attention a driver for the
dt3155 frame grabber I am using in my experiments since
the time of 2.6.17 kernel.

It is realized as a character device (not as a v4l device)
and is currently able to capture video frames in real time
to HDD and display them simultaneously in the application window.

I will really appreciate your comments, suggestions, criticism.

As far as there is another driver already merged in linux-next
for the same hardware is it worth to consider this one for
merging too?

The driver code could be found here:

http://lfb.issp.bas.bg/~mitov/linux/dt3155pci/

Best regards,