Re: SATA_SIL on IXP425 workaround

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Thu Jan 14 2010 - 15:12:56 EST

Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I think this is the wrong place. If your platform can't do MMIO properly
> then the platform pci_iomap or pci quirk code should do the needed
> cleaning up, not put turds into the drivers. Why not just quirk it on your
> specific platform and clear the MMIO mapping.

We need to use the MMIO BAR at least for starting DMA transfers, the
I/O ones are 64KB-limited. We can't just use read[bw] if reading all
32 bits has side effects.

Most of the time there are no problems with MMIO on IXP4xx as modern
devices usually use 32-bit registers anyway, or at least they have no
problem with read[bw] always driving all four PCI byte enable lines
(write[bw] doesn't have this issue).
--
Krzysztof Halasa