Re: linux-next: add utrace tree

From: Frank Ch. Eigler
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 08:26:01 EST

Hi -

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 05:59:59PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> [...]
> > Including experimental code that is RFC and which is not certain to go
> > upstream is certainly not the purpose of linux-next though.
>
> Ingo is correct in what he says here. See the boilerplate:
> [...]
> Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
> to fetch)."
> I will remove this tree from linux-next tomorrow and wait until it is
> more ready for mainline inclusion.

Please reconsider. Ingo mistook what was being proposed. We request
merge/integration testing for just the set of patches posted
<http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/17/466>, which was in response to
peterz's earlier review comments, and none of which is labeled or
considered RFC or experimental.

Ananth was right that the utrace-ptrace git branch represents this
rather than master.

- FChE