Re: SATA_SIL on IXP425 workaround

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 16:47:29 EST

Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It is definitely possible to do all 32-bit accesses... but that
> requires activating and exclusively using the command buffering
> feature, because direct 32-bit access to the taskfile registers will
> result in a 32-bit access to Data rather than the desired effect.

Command buffering? The DS for SIL3512 lists IDEx taskfile registers
for command buffering, but I can't see any explanation there.

BTW I don't know requirements of other platforms, but IXP4xx has only
problems with 8- and 16-bit PCI memory reads. Other ops including
all memory writes, and all "port" I/O are ok.

Unfortunately I can't test any patch ATM, -ENOHW. I might be able to get
access to this hw again, but I don't know at this point.
--
Krzysztof Halasa